Committed for an efficient, globally competitive and vibrant sugarcane agriculture
Awards / Honours
- Dr Sangeeta Srivastava received the Platinum Jubilee Lecture award in the Plant Science section of 100th Indian Science Congress held at Kolkata from January 2-7, 2013.
- Dr Sangeeta Srivastava nominated as Fellow of Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding in 2012.
- Dr. R.L. Yadav was awarded for best research article in Hindi and honoured with certificate given by Shri Pradeep Aditya Jain, Minister of State for Rural Development, Govt. of India in a National Seminar organized by Bharatiya Krishi Anusandhan Samiti, Karnal held at Jhansi from January 21-23, 2011.
- Dr. A.C. Srivastava Principal Scientist was elected as Fellow of Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers (ISAE) during ISAE Convention and Symposium held at Dr. P.D. Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola during January 17-19, 2011.
- Dr S.I. Anwar, Senior Scientist was conferred Distinguished Services Certificate (2008-09) during ISAE Convention and Symposium held at Dr P.D. Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola during January 17-19, 2011. Distinguished Services Certificate (2009-10) was announced for Dr. R.D. Singh, Senior Scientist at the same occasion.
- Dr. Jaswant Singh acted as Advisor to ASRB Screening Committee for the posts of HODs and Principal Scientists on March 23-24, 2011.
- Dr. S. N. Sushil was elected Fellow of “Society for Bio-control Environment” by National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects, Bangalore on May 25, 2011.
- Dr Sangeeta Srivastava received DBT-CREST Award (2011-12) given by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Dr Sangeeta Srivastava awarded Woman Botanist Gold Medal 2011 by the Indian Botanical Society at 34th IBS Conference held at Lucknow University for best paper presentation by a woman scientist under 50 years of age.
- Dr. R. L. Yadav, Director, IISR awarded 'Padmavibhushan Dr. M. S. Swaminathan Award-2010' by Krishi avam Gramin Vikas Samiti, Lucknow for his outstanding contribution to Agronomy.
- Dr. S. Solomon was reappointed as a Secretary of International Association of Professionals in Sugar and Integrated Technologies (IAPSIT) for a period of three years (2010-2013).
- Dr. S. Solomon was nominated as President and Coordinator of the 4th IAPSIT International Sugar Conference (IS-2011) to be held at New Delhi in November 2011.
- Dr. Amaresh Chandra awarded Fellow of the Range Management Society of India, Jhansi in Year 2010. He also received ICAR award for outstanding interdisciplinary team research in agriculture and allied sciences for the biennium 2007-08 in July, 2010.
- Dr. S.K. Duttamajumder was nominated to act as a member in the Review Committee on Genetic Manipulation (RCGM) under the department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. He was also nominated to act as a Central Committee member for monitoring Bt brinjal trials.
- Dr. Raman Kapur was invited by the National Federation of Cooperative Sugar Factories Ltd. to deliver a talk on 'Perspectives of sugarbeet cultivation in India' on September 5, 2010 in Pune. He was also invited by S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute and SES Vanderhave to enlighten personnel of sugar factories in North Karnataka on October 15, 2010 at UAS, Dharwad.
- Dr Sangeeta Srivastava nominated as Fellow of Indian Botanical Society (FBS) in 2010.
- Mr. G. K. Singh, Technical Officer was awarded Ph.D. (Agronomy) by Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra on his thesis “Potassium and nitrogen nutrition in sugarcane ratoon (Sacharum species hybrid) under various planting geometries in sub-tropical India”.
- Dr. R.L. Yadav, Director, IISR, Lucknow was awarded ISA Gold Medal 2006 by the Indian Society of Agronomy, New Delhi for his outstanding contribution to Agronomy.
- Dr. S. N. Sushil received the “WIPO- Gold Medal” as team leader for the best invention of the year-2008 for developing “Eco-friendly novel technology for managing white grubs in north-west Himalayas” from World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva (An agency of UNO).
- Dr. S.N. Sushil, Senior Scientist (Entomology) received an award from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), an agency of UN, for the best invention of the year-2008 for developing “Eco-friendly novel technologies for the management of white grubs in North-west Himalayas” during “Innovate India-2009” conference held on 19th November, 2009 at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Dr. A.K. Sah, Senior Scientist (Agril. Extension) has been elected Executive Councilor of Indian Society of Extension Education (ISEE), New Delhi for the period 2009-2012.
- Dr. S. I. Anwar, Dr. R. D. Singh and Dr. A. K. Singh have been elected as fellow of Institution of Engineers (India).
- Dr. A. Chandra has been admitted as member of National Academy of Science, India (NASI) in the year 2009.
- Dr. M. R. Singh and Dr. G. M. Tripathi have been elected Life fellow of the Entomological Society of India.
- Dr. A.K. Sah received best poster presentation award in the 5th National Extension Education Congress organized by Society of Extension Education, Agra.
S. N. Singh, Sr. Scientist has been nominated as editorial board member in
journals Current Advances in Agril.
Sciences, Kanpur; Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika, Karnal; and Annals of plant and soil Research, Agra.
- Sinai University Peace Award, conferred on to Dr. S.Solomon, International award, by the Sinai University, Egypt
- IAPSIT Global Award , conferred on to Dr. S.Solomon, International award, by the IAPSIT, Al Arish, Egypt
- Dr. S. Solomon, Principal Scientist (Biochemistry) co-chaired the International symposium on "Meeting the Challenges of Sugar Crops and Integrated Industries in Developing Countries IS-2008" held from 11-14 September, 2008 at Sama Al Arish and Sinai University, Egypt.
- Consolation Prize to Dr. A.K.Shrivastava, in Oral Literature category of “Indian Golden Jubilee Literary Translation Prize Competition” Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.
- Dr. A. D. Pathak has been nominated to act as DBT representative on the Institute Bio-safety Committee of UPCSR, Shahjahanpur for a period of three years.
- Dr Jaswant Singh, Principal Scientist and Head, Agricultural Engineering Division, was awarded ”Hari Mohan Memorial Prize” for presentation of an article entitled” Entrepreneurship development for rehabilitation of Tsunami affected areas” by the Institution of Engineers (India), U.P. State Centre Lucknow.
- Dr. R. L. Yadav, Director, IISR, Lucknow was awarded ISA Gold Medal by the Indian Society of Agronomy, New Delhi for his outstanding contribution of Agronomy.
- Dr. R.L. Yadav, Director, IISR, was awarded G. Narshimha Rao Endowment Memorial Lecture.
- Steward of Excellence Award, conferred on to Dr. S.Solomon, International award, by the IAPSIT, Guilin, PR China
- Dr. R.L. Yadav, Director, IISR, was awarded Vigyan Ratna Award of Govt. of U.P. for his outstanding contribution in the field of agricultural sciences.
- Friendship Award, conferred on to Dr. S.Solomon, International award, by the Government People’s Republic of China
- Jin Xiu Qui Award, conferred on to Dr. S.Solomon, International award, by the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuong Autonomous Region, PR China